This report allows you to see the percentage of your transactions that were approved and declined each day during a specific time period.
Run a Report
Follow these steps to run the Approval Rates report:
1. Login to the SegPay Merchant Portal at: https://mp.segpay.com, and point your mouse at the Performance Reporting menu. Select Approval Rates.
The following steps will help you generate a report with the data you want.
Click Choose from a saved Report if you have run the Approval Rates report before and want to retrieve a specific report you’ve run previously, so you don’t have to re-create it (see the Saved Reports section near the end of this document for more detail). Otherwise, see step 2 below to generate a new report.
2. Click the date-selector box and choose the time period you want to report on. Select Today, Yesterday, This Month (the current calendar month), Last Week (the last completed Sunday-Saturday period), Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, Last Month (the previous calendar month) or pick a Custom Range and click a start date, then an end date in the calendars:
3. Next, select the merchant account(s) you want to see in the report (assuming you have more than one). Notice the search box, which comes in handy if you have a long list of merchants to scroll through.
4. Select which specific Cash program(s) you want included in the report. This groups your websites together by the cash/affiliate program(s) they are associated with, so it may be easier for you to report by cash program instead of selecting URLs in the next step.
5. Click the URL(s) menu to see a list of your websites. If you selected specific cash program(s) in the previous step, you will only see URLs associated with the selected programs. All URLs are selected by default, but you can select only specific sites to be included in the report. Note the Search box, which makes it easier to find a specific site if you have a large list.
6. Select the types of transactions you want included in the report:
a.Signups: transactions resulting from an initial signup.
b. Conversions: transactions that occur when a trial period converts to a full membership.
c. Rebills: transactions resulting from recurring subscription charges.
Click Select All to include all types of transactions in the report.
7. You can customize the report by grouping according to a particular data point. For example, you can view approval rates by URL, Cash program, Customer country, IP Country, Package ID, Merchant Partner ID or Price Point ID.
8. Click Generate Report. By default, results are sorted reverse-chronologically by date. Each row represents a specific date during the date range you selected, and displays the number of approvals and declines you had on that date, with the percentage of your overall transactions each represents. Total transaction counts and rates appear at the bottom of the report.
The third column represents the category you chose to sort by in the previous step (see image below).
Raw Attempts/Declines: A count of all attempts/declines. Example: a consumer is declined twice in successive attempts, and the payment goes through on the third try. This translates to 3 raw attempts and 2 raw declines.
Unique Attempts/Declines: In the example above, 1 unique attempt and 0 unique declines are counted (since the transaction was ultimately approved).
When there is a number greater than 0 in the Raw Declines or Unique Declines columns, you can click the number to view details about those specific transactions in the Declined Transactions report.
Customize Report Results
Click on any column header in the report to sort the results according to the values in that column. For example, click the Approvals column header to sort from the date with least approvals to the most. Click it again to re-sort from most to least.
You can filter the data in some columns by clicking the inverted triangle icon next to the column header (see image below). Choose an option, such as “is equal to” and type the value you want to filter for. For example, “is equal to” EUR will only show rows where the value in the column you filtered is EUR.
You can also group common rows of data together:
There are two ways to customize the way data is presented in the report. One is to sort by column. Just click any column header to sort results according to that column. For example, click the Approval Rate column to sort in order from lowest rate to highest, then click the column header again to re-sort from highest to lowest.
You can also group rows together under a common category sub-heading. For example, click on the Approval Rate column header, then drag and drop it to the blue bar at the top of the report to see stats for each specific approval rate:
You can drag and drop two columns to group by both. For example, drag Approval Rate and Date to see specific rates and view those transactions by date, as in the following image:
Staying with the example above, you can reverse the grouping by clicking the Date label in the blue bar, then dragging and dropping it to the left of Approval Rate. That will group the data by Date first with individual approval rates grouped under each date:
Items per Page
By default, the report will display 25 results per page, maximum. Click the Items per Page menu below the report to increase the results per page to 50, 100 or “All” (to see all results on one page).
You can save any report you run, so you don’t have to re-create it the next time. After running the report, click Save this Report in the top-right area of the report. You’ll see the following window:
Click Add Report (in the top-left area of the window), give your saved report a name and click Save. Now, any time you click Save this Report, you’ll see your existing reports listed, with the ability to delete your saved report, or edit its name.
Note that your saved report will include the settings you selected in steps 1-7 above; however if you sorted or grouped the report by any specific column(s), the saved report will not include those customizations.
Once you’ve saved a report, you can retrieve it at any time by visiting the Approval Rates report page, clicking the Saved Reports menu and selecting the report you want to see:
If you want to make changes to a saved report, just open the report, make your changes and click Save this Report. Then click Overwrite to update the report with your changes.
Export Reports to a File
You can export your reports to CSV, PDF or Excel files. Just click Download in the top-right area of the report. Then enter a file name, select a file type (CSV, PDF or XLSX) and click Save.
The report will be saved to the Downloads folder on your computer.
Please feel free to let us know any thoughts or suggestions you have about this report or anything else, by emailing Techsupport@SegPay.com.