This report shows how well your payment page is converting visitors into sales. Choose a date range and see the number of visits (or hits) to your payment page on each day during the timeframe you select, and whether each visit converted to a sale. The report shows your conversion rate for each date, and overall.
Follow these steps to run the Conversions report:
- Login to the SegPay Merchant Portal at: https://mp.segpay.com, and point your mouse at the Performance Reporting menu. Select Conversions.
The following steps will help you generate a report with the data you want.
Click the Saved Reports menu if you have run the Conversions report before and want to retrieve a specific report you’ve run previously, so you don’t have to re-create it (see the Saved Reports section near the end of this document for more detail). Otherwise, see step 2 below to generate a new report.
- Click the date-selector box and choose one of the following time periods to report on:
This Month: the current calendar month.
Last Week: the last completed Sunday-Saturday period.
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
Last Month: the previous calendar month.
Custom Range: select Start and Ending dates on the calendars.
- Next, select the merchant account(s) you want to see in the report (assuming you have more than one). Notice the search box, which comes in handy if you have a long list of merchants to scroll through.
- Select which specific Cash program(s) you want included in the report. This groups your websites together by the cash/affiliate program(s) they are associated with, so it may be easier for you to report by cash program instead of selecting URLs in the next step. Note: Select “None” to include websites that are not associated with any Cash program.
- Click the URL(s) menu to see a list of your websites. If you selected specific cash program(s) in the previous step, you will only see URLs associated with the selected programs. All URLs are selected by default, but you can select only specific sites to be included in the report. Note the Search box, which makes it easier to find a specific site if you have a large list.
- Click Generate Report. By default, results are grouped by date and hour, so you can easily see each visit and when it occurred. Dates are sorted reverse-chronologically, with the newest data first. For each visit, the following is provided:
Date: The day the site visit occurred.
Hour: The hour of the day (in 24 hour format, UTC time) when the visit occurred. For example, hour 0 means the page hit occurred between 12am and 1am, UTC; hour 1 means it occurred between 1am and 2am, and so on.
Signup Count: 1 if the visit resulted in a signup; 0 if not.
Bank Declines: Number of times the bank declined a transaction attempt (if applicable). Only includes the unique number of declines, so if a transaction was declined 3 times and then approved, that counts as 1 decline for this column.
Bank Approval Rate: Signup Count divided by (Signup Count + number of unique declines).
All Declines: Total number of times the bank declined a transaction attempt (if applicable). Includes multiple declines for the same transaction, unlike the Bank Declines column.
All Approval Rate: Signup Count divided by (Signup Count + number of total declines).
Page Hits: Unique visits to the pay page.
Sale Conversion Rate: Signup Count divided by the number of Page Hits.
Many reports have similar elements that can be used to customize the report. See below for some sample elements that are available in this report. Note screen shots may not be an exact match for the data returned on this report.
Choose from a Saved Report
Most reports have four small icons in the top right corner. The one shaped like a floppy lets you save your report filter choices so that you can easily retrieve them later.
Just click the icon and type in a name to use when retrieving your report filter. If you choose the same name again it will let you overwrite the old filter. You can also rename and delete your filters.
When you are ready to use your filter just click ‘Choose from a saved report’ to pull up your saved filter. This can save you time if you run the same report many times. Note saved reports save filters but do not save groupings.
Download my Report
To download your report choose the icon in the top right that looks like a down arrow.
Then give your report a name and choose the format for your download (CSV,XSLX,PDF) and click the download button.
On some reports that return thousands of rows of data you will be given some additional choices for your download. You will see an option to have your report emailed to you.
Large reports may be emailed to you in a zip archive format. Very large reports (usually in PDF format) can require the zip archive to be split into multiple emails for delivery. Save all attachments to the same folder and open the first one and it will uncompress them together into a single large file.
In the top right corner of your report you will see several small icons. The icon with the waving arrow will allow you to see a chart view of your report.
When viewing each chart type you can use the other dropdown filters to change the way your chart data is represented on the page. Experiment with different options to see which gives you the best view for that chart type.
Result Table Filtering in your Report
Your report data is returned in a tabular grid format. There are several useful controls built into this grid for filtering and sorting your data.
Page Controls and both Horizontal and Vertical Scroll Bars will help you to see data that is too large to fit on the screen.
Use the arrows to advance to a certain page or go all the way to the last page. You can also control how many items display on a single page. Totals are shown to the right.
Please feel free to let us know any thoughts or suggestions you have about this report or anything else, by emailing [email protected].