The Transaction Detail report lets you see a list of transactions that occurred during a specific time period, with as much detail as you want to include. This report includes every transaction that occurred during the selected time period, including tests, declines (and subsequent retries) and of course, all authorized transactions.
Run a Report
Follow these steps to run the Transaction Detail report:
1. Login to the SegPay Merchant Portal at: https://mp.segpay.com, then point your mouse at the Performance Reporting menu and select Transaction Detail Report.
The following steps will help you generate a report with the data you want, using the filters near the top of the page.
Click the Saved Reports menu if you have run the Transaction Summary before and want to retrieve a previously-run report (see the Saved Reports section near the end of this document for more detail). Otherwise, see step 2 below to generate a new report.
2. Click the date-selector box and choose the time period you want to report on. Select Today, Yesterday, This Month (the current calendar month), Last Week (the last completed Sunday-Saturday period), Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, Last Month (the previous calendar month), or pick a Custom Range and select starting and ending dates:
3. Next, select the specific merchant account(s) you want to see in the report.
4. Select the currency(ies) of the transactions you want to see in the report. For example, if you accept payment in EUR and USD, you can generate a report with only the USD transactions, or select all to see everything in one report.
Note that if you select multiple currencies here, the total for the Amounts column in your report will reflect a blended total of all currencies. Select one currency at a time to see true totals for each.
5. Select which specific Cash program(s) you want included in the report. Cash programs group your websites together by affiliate program so it may be easier for you to report by cash program instead of selecting URLs (in the next step).
6. Click the URL(s) menu to see a list of your websites. All are selected by default, but you can select only specific sites to be included in the report. Note the Search box, which makes it easier to find a specific site if you have a large list.
7. To choose the specific detail you want included in the report, click Advanced Options:
A menu will show all of the optional data you can include for each transaction in the report, including: Payment Types, Transaction Status, Transaction Source and any additional user data fields that were captured with your transactions. Depending on how many additional fields are available, you may see a scroll bar in the menu, as in the following image:
8. Click Generate Report. By default, results are sorted reverse-chronologically by date. Each row represents a specific transaction that occurred during the date range you selected, and each column represents the optional data you chose under Advanced Options above. Click on any column header to sort the report by that column.
Customize Report Results
There are a few ways to customize the way data is presented in the report. One is to sort by column. Just click any column header to sort the results alphabetically or numerically according to the values in that column. For example, click the Amount column to sort in order from lowest amount to highest, then click the column header again to re-sort from highest to lowest.
You can filter the data in any column by clicking the inverted triangle icon next to a column header (see image below). Choose an option, such as “is equal to” and type the value you want to filter for. For example, “is equal to” EUR will only show rows where the value in the column you filtered is EUR.
You can also group rows together under a common category sub-heading. For example, click on the Currency column header, then drag and drop it to the blue bar at the top of the report (see image below).
Results grouped by currency:
After grouping data, you can click on the down-arrow next to any of the groupings to collapse that grouping. For example, if you want to focus on the non-Euro transactions in the example above, you would click the arrow to the left of “Currency EUR” and all Euro transactions will be hidden (see image below).
To group data by multiple categories, for example MID and Currency, drag and drop both the MID and Currency column headers up to the blue bar – this will sort the data by Currency, and then by MID under each currency, as you can see in the following image:
Staying with the example above, you can reverse the grouping by clicking the MID label in the blue bar, then dragging and dropping it to the left of Currency. That will group the data by MID first with individual currencies grouped under each MID:
Items per Page
By default, the report will display 100 results per page, maximum. Click the Items per Page menu below the report to increase the results per page to 500, 1000 or “All” (to see all results on one page).
You can save any report you run, so you don’t have to re-create it the next time. After running the report, click Save this Report in the top-right area of the report. You’ll see the following window:
Click Add Report, give your saved report a name and click Save. Now, any time you click Save this Report, you’ll see your existing reports listed, with the ability to delete your saved report, or edit its name.
Note that your saved report will include the settings you selected in steps 1-8 above; if you sorted or grouped the report by any specific column(s), the saved report will not include those customizations.
Once you’ve saved a report, you can retrieve it at any time by visiting the Transaction Detail Report page, clicking the Saved Reports menu and selecting the report you want to see:
If you want to make changes to a saved report, just open the report, make your changes and click Save this Report. Then click Overwrite to update the report with your changes.
Export Reports to a File
You can export your reports to CSV, PDF or Excel files. Just click Download in the top-right area of the report. Then enter a file name, select a file type (CSV, PDF or XLSX) and click Save.
The report will be saved to the Downloads folder on your computer.
Please feel free to let us know any thoughts or suggestions you have about this report or anything else, by emailing Techsupport@SegPay.com.