The Invoice report shows the invoices created each day that determine your payout based on that day’s transactions. It groups your transactions by website, currency and payment type. Essentially, you can view this report as a summary of each day’s transaction activity.
Follow these steps to run the Invoice report:
- Login to the SegPay Merchant Portal at: https://mp.segpay.com, then point your mouse at the Financial Details menu and select Invoice Report.
Click the Saved Reports menu if you have run the Invoice report before and want to retrieve a previously-run report (see the Saved Reports section near the end of this document for more detail). Otherwise, see step 2 below to generate a new report.
- Click the date-selector box and choose the time period you want to report on. Select Today, Yesterday, Last Week (the last completed Sunday-Saturday period), Last Month (the previous calendar month), This Month (the current calendar month), Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days or pick a Custom Range and select starting and ending dates:
- Select the specific merchant account(s) you want to see in the report.
- Select which invoice statuses you want to see in the report: Paid invoices, Open invoices, Fixed Reserve invoices (if applicable to you), or all of the above.
- Select if you want to see invoices covering only Credit Card payments, Debit Card payments, Reserve transactions, Adjustments or all of the above.
- To select which specific data you want to include for each invoice in the report, click Additional Fields or Columns dropdowns before hitting Generate Report.
- By default, results are sorted reverse-chronologically by date (newest invoices first). Each row represents a specific invoice, and the columns represent the data associated with the invoice that you chose in the previous step.
Note that if you are viewing invoices in multiple currencies, totals will reflect a blended total of all currencies. You can filter the Currency columns to show one currency at a time, and see true totals for each (see next section for help with filtering).
Many of our reports feature similar navigation filters and controls. Sometimes one control may change slightly for example the date control on one report may let you select a date range while on another report it may only allow you to select a month. Here are a few examples of some of the most common form controls.
Selecting Dates on a Report
Most reports use the same dropdown date selector component. It allows you select a date range by selecting first the ‘from’ date and then the ‘to’ date with your mouse and clicking the Apply button. Alternative you can use the quick select buttons to the left to select ‘this week’ , ‘this month’ etc.
Many reports have similar elements that can be used to customize the report. See below for some sample elements that are available in this report. Note screen shots may not be an exact match for the data returned on this report.
Just click the icon and type in a name to use when retrieving your report filter. If you choose the same name again it will let you overwrite the old filter. You can also rename and delete your filters.
When you are ready to use your filter just click ‘Choose from a saved report’ to pull up your saved filter. This can save you time if you run the same report many times. Note saved reports save filters but do not save groupings.
Download my Report
To download your report choose the icon in the top right that looks like a down arrow.
Then give your report a name and choose the format for your download (CSV,XSLX,PDF) and click the download button.
On some reports that return thousands of rows of data you will be given some additional choices for your download. You will see an option to have your report emailed to you.
Large reports may be emailed to you in a zip archive format. Very large reports (usually in PDF format) can require the zip archive to be split into multiple emails for delivery. Save all attachments to the same folder and open the first one and it will un-compress them together into a single large file.
In the top right corner of your report you will see several small icons. The icon with the waving arrow will allow you to see a chart view of your report.
When viewing each chart type you can use the other dropdown filters to change the way your chart data is represented on the page. Experiment with different options to see which gives you the best view for that chart type.
Result Table Filtering in your Report
Your report data is returned in a tabular grid format. There are several useful controls built into this grid for filtering and sorting your data.
Page Controls and both Horizontal and Vertical Scroll Bars will help you to see data that is too large to fit on the screen.
Use the arrows to advance to a certain page or go all the way to the last page. You can also control how many items display on a single page. Totals are shown to the right.
Please feel free to let us know any thoughts or suggestions you have about this report or anything else, by emailing [email protected].