The admin for each business on the SegPay Merchant Portal can invite others in their organization to create logins and help manage various aspects of the payments process. For each invited user, the admin assigns specific Merchant IDs and URLs, and selects a role which determines the areas within the Merchant Portal the user can access. Those roles include Owner/Admin, Manager, Fraud, Finance, Tech and Customer Service, all of which are explained in our Merchant Portal User Roles documentation.
To view and manage the members of your staff who have created logins and are using the Merchant Portal, just visit the portal at https://mp.segpay.com, point your mouse at the My Account icon and select User Management.
You’ll see a list of all the users in your company on this page.
On the User Management page you can do the following:
- Add a user
- Edit a user, to modify his/her access to specific areas of the merchant portal
- Confirm a user’s account
Use the search box in the top-right part of the page to find a specific user. This comes in handy if you have a long list. Just start typing the user’s email into the search box and the list will filter dynamically as you type.
Add a User
To add a new user to the system, click Add User.
Enter the person’s email address and click Create. Or click Cancel to quit and go back to the user list.
The person you added will receive an email including a link they’ll need to click to confirm the account. When they click, they will be asked to create a password and then login, at which point their account is confirmed.
After adding a new user (or when editing an existing user) you are asked to select which merchants and websites the user can work on, and assign a role to determine which areas of the merchant portal the new user can access.
- Merchants: Select the merchant account(s) you want this user to work on.
- Websites: The website(s) associated with the selected merchant(s) are displayed. Select the specific sites you want the user to work on.
- Roles: Select a role that corresponds with the types of tasks this user will be working on. See our Roles doc (linked above) for details on each role and what they can access within the Merchant Portal.
- Show Dashboard: Select whether the user should have access to your company dashboard, which shows key stats about your payments. If left un-selected the user's start page will display our welcome message only with your billing data hidden.
Note that there is no Save button on the page. Selections for merchants, websites and roles are saved automatically as you click a checkbox.
If you have a long list of merchant accounts or websites, you can click the filter icon (inverted triangle) next to any column header to quickly find a specific item in that column. Just type the name or ID you’re looking for and click Filter (see image below).
When you add a new user, a confirmation email is sent to their address:
Once they click the link in the email, they are asked to create a password:
If a user hasn’t confirmed his or her account by clicking the link in the confirmation email, or if they haven’t received the email, you can confirm their account for them. A Confirm button displays next to any user who is still unconfirmed. Click it to immediately confirm the account so the user can access the Merchant Portal.
Please feel free to let us know any thoughts or suggestions you have about this feature or anything else, by emailing [email protected].